What is Ganaton and what is it used for?
Ganaton is a medication drug under the composition of Itopride. It is a medication that is used to treat digestive problems such as nausea, vomiting, heartburn and stomach discomfort. It also treats the feeling of fullness that you can get during or right after a meal. It works on a specific area of the brain that controls nausea, telling it to lower or stop its activity.
How do I take Ganaton?
Ganaton comes in the form of a tablet. You can easily get this drug at any nearby pharmacies or health stores. It is taken orally, 15 minutes before your meal. The prescription of this drug will depend on your doctor. Usually, people take this drug one tablet (50 mg) per day. Again, your doctor will be the one that is responsible for your prescription. Normally, the prescription will depend on several factors such as your overall health condition, existing diseases and the severity of your illness.
What are the precautions before taking a Ganaton tablet?
Drugs are substances that contain chemical composition. These chemicals can give some specific effects towards your body system. Hence, it is a wise idea to know about the precautions before deciding to take Ganaton. Here is the list of precautions that you need to be aware of:
- Allergy to Itopride or any chemical composition in Ganaton
- Do not take Ganaton if you are having gastrointestinal bleeding as it will only worsen the condition
- Do not take Ganaton if you have Parkinson’s disease
- Consult your doctor if you are taking other drugs. Some of the drugs can cause drug interaction when taken together. So, it is better to tell your doctor about all of your drug’s prescriptions so that they will be able to discuss the best possible treatment for you.
- Ganaton tablets are thought to be safe when taken with alcohol. However, there might be some unwanted effects that can come with their interaction. So, it is better to avoid alcohol when taking this drug.
- Ganaton is also considered safe for pregnant women. However, there is still no verified information regarding this statement. Some drugs might cause defects to the unborn child.
- This drug will make you feel sleepy. Hence, it is best to avoid driving or any activity that requires mental focus as there will be a higher chance of getting any injury. However, if you think that Ganaton does not have any effect towards your sleepiness at all and you can focus on your task at hand, then you can choose to continue with the activity.
- For people with chronic disease such as liver or kidney problems, there is still no concrete evidence about the use of Ganaton on your organs. Usually, your doctor is responsible to assess your condition first before deciding to prescribe it to you. Besides, your doctor might also adjust the dose according to your current health.
What are the side effects?
All of the drugs in this world have their own side effects. The same goes to Ganaton medication. The list shows the potential side effects that can happen when someone takes Ganaton.
- Stomach pain
- Increased salivation
- Redness and itchiness
Bear in mind that the list is exhaustive. Meaning that there might be some other side effects that are not included. After all, the human body works differently among each other. If you experience any of these side effects, it is suggested for you to quickly meet your doctor in order to discuss possible intervention.